Clean and Accurate Cuts with Laser Cutting
SMF’s multiple lasers are here to help burn out your parts, no matter the shape, size, or specification. SMF is proud to house some of the largest laser cutting machines in the country. We have a cutting capacity of 54′ long and 12′ wide. This increased capacity allows us to cut larger parts and higher quantities with fewer setups, saving our customers both time and money.
Why Choose Laser Cutting?
As laser cutting has developed over the past decades, it has become one of the most precise methods for cutting materials. Some of its best benefits include:
- Precision Cuts – Using exact calculations and computerized measuring technology, laser cutting produces the most accurate cuts in the metal fabrication industry. Such precision ensures few to no errors occur when cutting, and each workpiece is cut the same as the last.
- Smooth Edges – Other standard cutting methods can produce jagged and sharp edges when trimming a piece of metal (or other material). Needless to say, jagged metal edges can be dangerous for anyone to handle.
- Less Waste – Due to the precise measurement applications of laser technology, less excess waste is created when cutting a workpiece. This maximizes material usage and wastes less energy than other cutting methods.
- Quick Turnaround – Laser cutting is an automated process that can quickly and efficiently cut through near any material. Furthermore, this process doesn’t require changing tools between tasks; a single machine can manage any custom cut. This leads to quick turnaround times on project completion.
Safely Cut Any Material
While laser cutters can cut a wide variety of materials, such as leather, wood or textiles, SMF utilizes our laser cutters for metal fabricating purposes. Thus, we can cut near any metal, such as:
- Aluminum – Lightweight and inexpensive
- Brass – Affordable material option
- Stainless Steel – Durable and long-lasting
- Titanium – Strong, lightweight, and resistant to corrosion
- Copper – Best for creating electrical connections
- Various Plastics – Affordable and non-conductive
- And More
Full-Service Metal Fabrication
In addition to laser cutting, SMF offers a wide variety of metal fabrication services. SMF is a full-service fabrication and machining company that can design, craft and manufacture any tool, part or product, regardless of size. To learn more about SMF’s extensive metal fabricating capabilities, contact us today at 309-432-2586. SMF is headquartered in Illinois, serving clients throughout the United States.