Six Sigma is a disciplined, data-driven approach and methodology for eliminating defects in any process – from manufacturing to transactional and from product to service. We practice Six Sigma methodologies to ensure production efficiency. We currently have three Black Belts on staff.
We use Six Sigma tools and methodology to:
- Grow and diversify our customers/products.
- Help ensure a strong financial future.
- Maintain and improve our abilities (including equipment and technology).
- Review and improve our processes.
Quality Assurance ISO 9001
ISO 9001:2008 certified – a family of standards for quality management systems set by the International Organization for Standardization. Some requirements include:
- Setting procedures that cover all key processes in the business;
- Monitoring processes to ensure they are effective;
- Keeping adequate records;
- Checking output for defects, with appropriate and corrective action where necessary;
- Regularly reviewing individual processes and the quality system itself for effectiveness, and facilitating continual improvement
SMF holds multiple 3rd party certifications to ensure that every project is started and completed with excellence:
- 3rd Party Quality Certification since 2003
- Weld Processes Qualified to AWS D1.1
- Weld Personnel Qualified to AWS D1.1
- Weld Inspector Certified per AWS QC1, standard for AWS certification of welding Inspectors